Please be advised of the following two City Council public hearings regarding Billboards:
1. Public Hearing on Billboard Moratorium:
· Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 5:30 p.m., Council Chambers, Tacoma Municipal Building, 747 Market Street
· The City Council is seeking public input on whether the 180-day moratorium, enacted on May 17, 2011, per Ordinance No. 27982, should be preserved or withdrawn and, if preserved, whether it should be modified. Potential modifications could include things such as the appropriate duration of the moratorium or the extent of its control.
2. Public Hearing on Billboard Regulations:
· Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 5:30 p.m., Council Chambers, Tacoma Municipal Building, 747 Market Street
· The City Council is seeking public comment on potential revisions to the sign code that would prohibit digital billboards, modify certain definitions, change uses and zones buffered from billboards, and change the way nonconforming billboards are addressed.
For more information on either subject, please visit www.cityoftacoma.org/Planning and click on, respectively, “Billboard Moratorium” or “Billboard Regulations.”
Community and Economic Development Department
747 Market Street, Room 1036
Tacoma, WA 98402